Featured Post

Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw on leadership

Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw on leadership I had a chance to read this article recently and just loved the way he describes leadership...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Contact sync issue in Android – Resolved


I have been having issues with the contacts syncing with my Samsung S II. Tried many options and at last have been able to solve that.

Each time I try to sync with my Gmail contacts I get error message “Sync is currently experiencing problems. Please try later.” Below are the steps to solve the issue. 

    Ø  Go to “Settings”. Select “Applications”.
    Ø  Select “Manage Applications”.
    Ø  Scroll down to “Contacts Storage”
    Ø  Click on “Clear Data”
    Ø  Go back to “Settings” again and in “'Accounts and sync”
    Ø  Resync by pressing “Synchronize Now”

This just worked for me so I hope it helps others.

P.S: Make sure you back up the contacts on your phone maybe to your SD card. I didn't follow this step and didn't lose my contacts but it could well delete them all. Just a warning :-)

No comments:

Google Custom search

Custom Search